LONDON FASHION WEEK SS27: FAM IRVOLL BACKSTAGE + INTERVIEW

30.9.26

Here are the backstage photos from after the show! 


I also had a quick chat with Fam backstage, where we briefly talked about colour, tattoos and how the club scene back in the early 2000s inspired this season’s collection!


 Read full interview at the end of the post!






Don’t just stand there let’s get to it, strike the pose there’s nothing to it!








Who would have thought that they were clip ins?!!!







Model giving some backstage poses!


A close up! Look at the colour?!!!








Me + Fam!


Fam backstage after the show! 




INTERVIEW:

A.J.: Hey, so if you could talk me through the collection and what inspired it…

FAM: Well, it is mostly inspired by the New York Club Kids, and my own era as a club kid in London back in the early 2000s. So, yes, it was very much based on how I dressed back in the day.

A.J.: So it’s very Y2K, very vibrant?

FAM: Yes, very bright. And, as I said, I live in Norway. Minimalism is not for me, style-wise. (Even though I look like it today!) But, I don’t like that, so I just need to be very maximalist.

A.J.: Did you also use to do a lot of clubbing and stuff back in the day? Back in the 90s, as well? All that kind of stuff?

FAM: YES!!!

A.J.: And would you say that also kind of inspired the collection as well?

FAM: Definitely. I mean, Salt-N-Pepa, TLC, all of the girl groups back in the ’90s were obviously an inspiration. Also hip-hop, and designers like Tom Hilfiger as well. 

A.J.: Btw really love the eyeliner!.

FAM: Oh, thank you!

(FAM was spotted wearing fairy-pink glitter eyeshadow, finished off with a matte fuchsia liquid eyeliner. Something that was a contrast to her rather unusual low-maintenance attire, which was full-on black for the rare occasion.)


A.J.: I just wanted to ask, and I think it’s quite fitting — what does colour mean to you, and what does it represent?

FAM: Well, colour is everything. I cannot live without colour. It has everything to do with how you feel. If you live in a white space? Etc my house is full of colours. I couldn’t live without colour… It seems like you couldn’t, either!!!

A.J.: Well, yes!!! I think in a world that’s really dark and mundane, you just need colour. You need dopamine. It just helps.

FAM: 100%. And also, I mean, with the minimalism and all of the black, white and beige in my country, it is crazy to just look around and… that’s what you see people wearing all the time.

A.J.: Yeah, there’s definitely also a spiritual meaning behind colours in a very special way.

FAM: 100%. I’ve never actually made anything black that is just black, without anything. That’s never happened.


A.J.: I’ve also noticed with your tattoos, it represents that also, so do they have any meaning, especially?

FAM: Well, some of them have. (FAM explaining to me while uncovering to me her cartoony sleeve.) I mean, that one’s about my kids and everything, and I’ve done some of them myself, some of them. 

A.J.: Oh, really? You tattooed some of them yourself?

FAM: Yeah.

A.J.: You drew them?

FAM: I drew all of them… but this one, my daughter drew. She drew this one, then this one — my daughter, my daughter.

A.J.: What about all the flowers?

FAM: Some of them, yeah. Yeah. We do it every year.

A.J.: So, did you tattoo them yourself, or did you draw it out?

FAM: Well, I’ve tattooed my feet before.

A.J.: Were you a tattooist before, or no?

FAM: No, no, no. I’ll just go, go for it! It doesn’t matter, there’s so many, you can’t even tell the difference.

A.J.: Well, it was nice to meet you.

FAM: Thank you so much!


 

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
© A.J. Blogs. Previously, It's A Style Fix©. Design by FCD.